Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Weekends

What do you all do during the weekend?

Me? I'm constantly divided between

1) What I have to do... laundry, tidying house, baking, clearing paperwork
2) What I am required to do... volunteer work (I've been recalled due to shortage of volunteers and have been back at CDAC for the past 2 months)
3) What I would like to do.... catching up friends, sleep, eat, read

and

4) What I usually end up doing...which is a mish-mash of no 1 to no 3, depending on how productive or how lazy I feel. Of course, you always never ever end up doing what you have to do or would like to do. So hubby's and my common grouse on Sunday night at 11pm- why can't there be 3 days of weekend instead of just 2 miserable days.

I'm not sure what the other couples do but I've been told that hubby and I lead a very unusal lifestyle as a couple. I think probably the fact that we don't have children and my in-laws aren't around help fuel the kind of lifestyle that we have. Thankfully, even though my family lives just 5 minutes away, they have never expected us to be back during the weekends, fully understanding that as a couple, we need our own quality time together.

So we have time to go to concerts, plays, walks in the parks, visits to the museum, gym (bleah!) etc

Last Saturday, we went to one of our favourite place- the NIGHT SAFARI

Alright, you can stop laughing now. I'm not sure why people seem to think it funny that we both like to go to zoo and the bird park. It was one of my favrouite place when I was young too and I was always very excited when we go on such a school trip. It

Singapore Zoo and the Night Safari in Singapore have both won many acolades for providing as natural an environment as possible for the animals. And it's always a joy to watch them- not behind bars in a cage. Of course, given a choice, we shouldn't even have a zoo but I guess it's impossible for that to happen.

Actually, to truely enjoy the Night Safari, you should really keep quiet and just observe (except when you are watching a animal show of course). This is esepcially so when you go on the tram ride and you really want to observe these animals. Unfortunately, it doesn't normally happen... sigh.... Often, I have to repress my urge to tell to just 'shut-up'


Here kitty, kitty.... I believe this is what they call a Fishing Cat. Isn't it cute? hehe!

Basil- the recycling otter


I've always like the animal shows and isn't Basil adorable? I remembered my Korean guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves at the animal show when they came down for a holiday last year.

My one complaint? - the limited eateries available and the exorbitant prices that they charge. $4.50 for a cup of lemonade??

Every weekend evening, and especially on Sunday, a few groups of men would be playing Singapore men's favorite past time- football.



Frankly speaking, most of these men don't err.. look very fit. In fact, more often than not, their tummy is hmm.... a little round. And most of them aren't exactly young. Still, they seem to enjoy themselves running around in the field and getting all sweaty and smelly.

I've often wondered, are they glad to be out of the house and just kicking a ball around with thie kakis? Perhaps the wives and girlfriends are just as glad to have some breathing space once a week? hehe!

And no, hubby doesn't play football. ^^ He brews beer instead.

One of the highlight of last weekend- at least for me. A delicious meal with a group of friends. No, they are not just fellow fans anymore, but really friends. Both bb and Jos have blogged about this.

Yes, it was really, really fun that night. I shan't talk about the food much except that I was really, really surprised at how good the satay soup tastes. Both of them have described in depth about the delicious food. I can only say that i felt like a round fishball at the end of the meal. We could hardly move. Jos and me were leaning back in our seats, trying not to make our stomach look too fat and round.

One funny incident. Just as we were about to start eating, bb suddenly shouted "take photo, take photo." And so, there we were, Jos, bb and I clicking away. I guess it came as no surprise that the 3 of us are active bloggers. bb said it's a blogger's symptom. haha! And that's why you see the same photos in all our 3 sites. ^^

Chilli crab


Steamboat


Yes, it was true that we talked about BYJ (hey, we are all BYJ fans), but we also talked about other stuff.. and it was such fun reminiscing about the old dramas and movies. But that's when age truely shows up, when only V and I could remember certain shows. The rest of them looked at us and went: "not our era." Sob! Sob!

Haha! And after this makan session, Jos has started another BLOG. This time it will be all about food. Gosh... looking at the recipes. I'm salivating. Jos.. you going to cook for us? hehe!

In case you want to go try the very delicious steamboat that we've been raving about..

Paradise on Earth
200 Tanjong Katong Road T: 6345 9272

4 more days to the weekend.

No comments: