Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Salut d'amour - Love's Greetings

I have always said and belive that music is universal. It doesn't matter if the song is in French or Italian or Chinese or that the music is classical or jazz or Indian and you don't have a clue as to waht they are singing.

A good piece of music will be able to speak to your soul.

Last Saturday, I went to the SSO concert and found myself touched by this piece of music.

It's Salut d'amour- Love's Greetings by Edward Elgar.

He had composed the song as a gift for his wife-to-be. It speaks volume of his love and happiness. And if it touches you like it did me, then I guess you have felt the love in this little piece of music.

For more information on the composer and the music, please click here

You can find out more about the version I'm playing now here

Love is like the sun coming out of the clouds and warming your soul.

- Author Unknown -


May your soul be warmed today.

No comments: