Holidays are meant to be relaxing. It's meant for you to detress, to recharge, to enjoy.
No problem with that.
Problem is the before and after holiday.
- frantically trying to finish all the work that I should have done a few days but kept putting off before because there's a 'tomorrow'.
- requests that came in from left, right and center because *ting! ting!* they suddenly realised I'm not going to be 'around'. Never mind that half of these requests are not important or urgent.
- leaving a page long of instructions for the family to please 'water the plants' and 'buy bread' etc...
I usually end up packing like 3 hours before my trip and am always amazed that I managed to get on the plane/ coach in one piece....
- clearing emails, junk mails and snail mails but no cute males.
- catching up with work. Why do all the exciting/ important things always happen whilst I'm away?
- unpacking, doing the laundry, more laundry and even more laundry
- sorting out photos
Work should be banned. It's bad for health. We should be on holiday all the time.
I'm so tired... and sleepy.
And I feel totally fat. Bleah! Too much eating.
The break was great. No doubt about it. I enjoyed myself with my friends. Defintely.
I just need a holiday.... to recover from my holiday. Sigh....