Friday, August 11, 2006

Last but not least...

Well, I guess that pretty much concludes my Phuket trip. Sorry if my posts have turned out to be like a holiday resort brochure. Hehe! But I do hope that some of you will visit the place sometime.

Oh before I end off... do you know that the Koreans really, really, realy like Phuket? 진짜! I think half of the guests at my hotel are Koreans. hehe! Of course, I took notice alot more and prick up my ears when I hear Korean. I tried very, very hard to understand what they wree talking about but unfortunately, sigh...
성생님, 미안해요.

And during the diving trip, we met an American with his Korean girlfriend. He commented he realised how strong the 'Korean Wave' was outside of Korea as everywhere he went, everyone seems to be interested in his girlfriend. (Maybe he was disappointed the spotlight wasn't on him?) haha! Me too! Me too! I wanted to try out my borken Korean with his girlfriend but was very shy. I was afraid they would think i was some lunatic ajuma. Anyway, he was asking us about the Hallyu in Singapore and I had to literally stop hubby from telling him that I was involved in a fan club! Gasp! I would have been so embarrassed.

But I did tell him that I was importing in Korean books and magazines as there was a market. But I'm sure he noted the eagerness in my tone and how I pricked up my ears when they started talking about Korean stuff... hehe!

Hmm.... he said there's a market for teaching English in Korea. Perhaps I can persuade hubby to do that and then we can move to Korea.

Wahahahaha!

Ok, ok... one last photo from the trip....



I want to go on a holiday again!

4 comments:

mrs a said...

Hey girl, sounds like a fascinating and fun fast filled trip! Those pics are wonderful. Good looking couple too and that beautiful little doll of a niece is precious! Phuket sounds heavenly! Glad you had a great time.

BTW - Good thing they didn't have candles on that cake, would of had to call a fire truck to put them out, huh? No sweat - 50 is the same! No bells or whistles. Just happens and you continue to live Life - HAPPILY! GOD BLESS and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Toujours_BYJ said...

wow, Tiff, your last pic make me wanting to go to Phuket for holidays !
And it's funny when I read about the couple you met because during my last trip I met a Korean young couple, I would like to ask about YJ with them but was too shy to say anything, and my english is too bad too.

tiffany said...

Mrs A- hehe! Yeah, there would have been no space on the cake if I was to put all 40 candles on it. On the other hand, it would have been quite fun to blow them all out.

tiffany said...

Camile- it's amazing how we all feel this urge to speak to anybody Korean isn't it? ^^